Effective Date: [Apr 25, 2022]
Date of latest update and issuance: [Apr 25, 2022] (replacing the former version)
Welcome to Use Our Products and Services!
«INTSIG» or «We» refers to INTSIG Information Co., Ltd. with its registered office in Shanghai PRC.
“You” refers to the users (whether registered or not) of Our Products and the purchasers of paid services.
“Our Products” include software Products and services (provided by our company and/or our branches, affiliates or partners across the globe) in connection with the software Products we provide. The software Products and applications we provide include [CamScanner].
(1) Collection purpose and classification of personal information;
(2) Scope and means of information collection;
(3) Options we provide you with, including that of how to have access to, review and update personal information and cancel the account;
(4) Use and setting of personal information;
(5) Sharing, disclosure of and making available to public the personal information;
(6) Information security, etc.
III. Collection purpose and classification of personal information
1. Purpose of information collection
We provide services to you by means of website, software and other applications. We collect your information only for the purpose of providing products and services to you (functions designed for each product differs from one another; you should familiarize yourselves with these differences and make your own privacy settings based on your needs and the circumstance), improving your experience of using Our Products and services, and facilitating your use of Our Products and services more expediently.
2. Classification of information
The information generated during your use of Our Products and services may be categorized into the following two types by whether the information subject is identifiable or not with the information:
(1) Identifiable personal information: mainly including the information you submit, and it may be used to directly identify, trace, discern, and determine your true identity, such as e-mail address and phone number, etc.
(2) Unidentifiable personal information: mainly including the information generated during using Our Products and services, and it may be related to you but cannot be used to directly identify, trace, discern and determine your true identity, such as the records of your use of Our products and services.
3. Considerations in design of the Products’ personal information protection
In designing the Products’ personal information protection, the following factors are taken into consideration:
a) Supply of the Products and services;
b) Security setting of the operating system on user’s terminal equipment (this usually refers to the different security settings in Android and IOS systems);
c) PRC Cyber Security Law, EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws and regulations and mandatory standards;
d) The level of information protection in the same industry, similar products or existing technology and market;
e) Recommended standards, feedback from user’s complaints; and
f) Other measures conducive to improving products and services and improving cyber information security.
IV. Scope and means of information collection
1. Information you submit
(1) Registration information you submit and the information collected based on industry practice and demand of the Products.
At the time you register your [CamScanner] account, in order to identify the user and facilitate contact, you shall provide the real and effective information such as e-mail address of phone number, etc. You understand and agree that under necessary circumstances (e.g. cancel of account, etc.), we may identify you based on your registration information, so as to prevent any other person from using your identity to operate fraudulently which will affect your normal use of Our Products and services.
(2) Data information you upload
The information you may upload image and document during using our services can be your personal information or the personal information of others protected by laws and may related to your or others private information protected by law that may involve your or others privacy, or is granted protection under copyright law, etc. You shall guarantee that you have obtained the necessary authorization to copy and upload such data information. You will be required to make proper setting and adopt appropriate security measure so as to prevent the leakage of data and damage to right owner’s interests. Please pay great attention to protecting your own or others data information. You shall refrain from disclosing the data information to the public without authorization.
2. The information we obtain during your use of Our Products and services
(1) In order to provide high-quality services to you, Our Products collect information for the purpose of performing the product service contract based on the need of Our Products collecting the information from images and documents you upload. We may record and analyze the use and the method of use of our services and any other relevant information, including hardware model and identification information, operating system version, system activities and other device information, Internet Protocol address, account sign-in or sign-out, clicks of advertisements and other log information, as well as Web Beacon or Cookies, browser version information. You may manage permission through security software and we will try our best to seek a balance between your permission and your experience, for instance that we may inform you of authorizing when you first use relevant functions, but then we will no longer inform you frequently to avoid affecting your experience. However, you may not use the products to achieve the purpose of net social if you disagree with the authorization. The purpose of collecting the information of installing applications is only for analyzing which other products would be selected for use by our clients with Our Products. The information of operating system, etc. is collected for security of the products, which can be in the form of security tip to you.
(2) When you use Our Products and services, you may need to synchronize files, for example, by yourself or automatically set up synchronization of files to Google Drive, Drop Box, etc. In this scenario, we will obtain the information through third-party’s APIs, such as Google APIs. CamScanner’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. For the restricted scope information: i) we only use it to provide or improve user-facing features. ii) we only transfer it to others if that transfer is (a) necessary to provide or improve user-facing features, (b) to comply with applicable laws, or (c) a part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets. iii) we shall not use or transfer it to serve users advertisements,including personalized, re-targeted and interest-based advertising. iv) we shall not allow humans to read it except that: (a) we obtain a user’s consent to read specific messages (for example, for tech support), (b) it’s necessary for security purposes (for example, investigating abuse), (c) to comply with applicable laws, and (d) we aggregate and anonymize the information and only use it for internal operations (for example, reporting aggregate statistics in an internal dashboard).
In addition, if third-party’s APIs have any requirements regarding data use and transmission, we comply with the third-party data policy to the extent that it does not violate applicable laws and regulations.
Including the information mentioned above, the information we collect and/or use include user personal information, non-user personal information, the information recorded by third party’s platform, etc.
You agree that the scope of information we collect mentioned above can be properly adjusted with development of legal and regulatory provisions, development of technology and business and user’s feedback, etc.
V. Access to, review and update of personal information
You can access, review and update (to ensure that we can timely reach you when necessary, you should process some update upon change of the information) your personal information; However, for the sake of security, you may only do so after you log in. In case of any changes to your personal information, you shall timely log in your account and update accordingly.
VI. Cancellation of personal account
You may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to cancel your account. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. After cancelation of your account, we are not obliged to keep or provide information under your account. Except as otherwise provided by law, we will delete your personal information if so requested by you.
VII. Use and setting of personal information
By using Our Products and services, you consent to and grant authorization to our collection and processing your information, including the device and software user information, personal information and content information uploaded by user (mainly the image information you uploaded; regarding the uploaded content, you warrant that you have the intellectual property involved therein or have obtained the relevant license and there is no infringement of third party’s right). The information is only used for the optimization of software interface interaction. No specific information will be used or disclosed.
You understand and agree that the information you make public (because of your own choice or our default setting, e.g. the document or user name you share) may be browsed, reposted and commented by other users of our services. You may protect your critical information by deciding whether to upload certain information, and whether to turn on the specific function of Our Products. To prevent harassment due to abuse of personal information by others, we suggest you pay attention and soon familiarize yourself with the function setting of Our Products. The default setting is offered in consideration of various factors including industry customs, general need of most users and product form, etc. It is possible that what suits most users does not meet your particular need. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, GIVEN THAT THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE INCLUDE SOCIAL NETWORKING WEB SERVICES, THE DEFAULT SETTING OF OUR PRODUCTS MAY MAKE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC IN ORDER TO IMPROVE USER EXPERIENCE, AND SUCH DEFAULT SETTING MAY ENABLE ANY OTHER PERSON TO HAVE ACCESS TO OR OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
If we use your information under any circumstance other than that specified herein, we will obtain your prior consent.
Your personal registration information, including but not limited to accounts, username and any other information set by you as sharable, will be seen by users with whom you share documents or collaborate. The shared information is for the sole purpose of identification of the owner of the document.
Our Products will ask for the following permissions during regular operation:
1. Storage: Access to device storage in order to read and manage documents
2. Camera & Album: Using your device’s camera and photo album to take photos for the function of auto crop
3. Phone: Accessing the equipment ID for bounding Premium Membership to your device or for use without sign-in.
It is required to grant these permissions otherwise the stated functions may not work as intended.
To improve our service quality, we also provide cloud services:
1. To process Cloud OCR, we process these requests through our cloud;
2. To process Cloud Fax, we pass the images you send us through a third party, independent fax service;
3. To process translation requests, we will send the texts recognized from your document to a third party, independent translation service.
As more functions are added to our product, extra permissions may be required. We will always ask for your approval before accessing your data.